The start of the new school year is just around the corner, and that means it’s time to start shopping for school supplies. If you’re looking to save some money, you’ll want to take advantage of Florida’s back-to-school sales tax holiday. The tax holiday runs from Monday, July 24 through Sunday, August 6, 2023. During this time, you can purchase certain clothing, footwear, school supplies, and computers exempt from sales tax.
What back-to-school items are exempt from sales tax?
- Clothing and footwear with a sales price of $100 or less per item.
- School supplies with a sales price of $50 or less per item.
- Learning aids and jigsaw puzzles with a sales price of $30 or less per item.
- Personal computers and related accessories purchased for noncommercial home or personal use with a sales price of $1,500 or less.
What back-to-school items are not exempt from sales tax?
- Rental or repair of any of the qualifying items.
- Sales in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment or airport.
- Items that are not sold as a unit, but are separately priced and sold as individual items.
How can I save money on back-to-school supplies?
- Plan ahead and make a list of the items you need.
- Shop at stores that participate in the tax holiday.
- Compare prices before you buy.
- Look for sales and discounts.
- Use coupons and promo codes.
The Florida back-to-school sales tax holiday is a great way to save money on school supplies. By taking advantage of this opportunity, you can get everything your child needs for the new school year without breaking the bank. For more information on this program, click here.
Are you looking to buy or sell a property in South Florida? We can help! Contact Natasha at Live South Florida Realty, Inc. today! Also, be sure to download the free Florida Home Search app for your smartphone or tablet.