Happy St. Patrick’s Day from Live South Florida Realty, Inc.! Below are a few fast facts about St. Patrick’s Day:
- St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated around the world in observance of the death of Saint Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, who was credited for bringing Christianity to the country.
- Saint Patrick wasn’t Irish – he was British.
- Saint Patrick has nothing to do with driving snakes out of Ireland. The reptiles have never existed there – Ireland is too cold for them.
- The first St. Patrick’s Day parade in America was held in New York in 1766.
- The St. Patrick’s Day parade was postponed and ultimately cancelled last year due to concerns over the spread of the novel coronavirus.