You don’t get a second chance to make a first impression. This could not be more true than when listing your home for sale. It is for this reason that you should always complete any necessary home repairs prior to listing your home for sale. Although this may seem obvious to many, you would be surprised to see how many homeowners do not pay attention to these important details. Below, we discuss some important home repairs to consider prior to listing it for sale.
Important home repairs
- Doors and windows: The front door is the first entry point when entering the home. Needless to say, the security of all entry points in the home are critical factors to any potential home buyers. In addition, to being structurally sound, they must also be completely functional. New high-impact windows and doors can go a long ways when showcasing a property.
- Roof leak repairs: Perhaps no other inspection item will derail a home purchase more than a roof leak. A water stain in the interior ceiling is quickly noticed by most buyers. If not, you can be assured that any roof leak issues will be uncovered during the home inspection.
- Sinks and faucets: As a home seller, you should assume that prospective buyers are inspecting sinks and faucets. In addition to visual inspections, you can also expect faucets to be turned on and off. Regardless, these items will be easily uncovered by any home inspector.
- Cabinetry: The kitchen is the focal point of many homes. With this said, it is important that all cabinetry is in good shape with fully functioning doors, tracks, hinges, etc… Like other parts of the house, the cabinetry should be neat, clean, and free from any water damage. Of course, this also applies to all bathroom cabinetry as well. As a seller, you should assume that all cabinets will be opened and inspected.
- Floors: If there is one item that most home buyers do not want to have to replace, it is quite likely the flooring. This is particularly true if the buyer will need to be living in the property during the renovation. As a seller, it is important to ensure that all flooring is in good shape. If necessary, you should replace any chipped tile flooring or torn carpeting. Furthermore, recently steam cleaned carpeting or polished marble flooring will make a world of difference.
In closing, it is crucial that you pay every attention to detail as a home seller. Now more then ever, home buyers are well educated and aware of what they are looking at. Not to mention, some simple and inexpensive home repairs can translate into a significantly higher sales price and a quicker sale.
Are you thinking about selling your property in the South Florida area? We can help! At Live South Florida Realty, Inc., our listings consistently sell quicker and for more money than average. Contact Natasha today for your free consultation. Also, be sure to download the Florida Home Search app for your mobile device.