The kitchen is typically considered to be the centerpiece of any home. In addition to being the area of the home where you cook and eat, it also tends to be the gathering area for family and friends to socialize. Needless to say, a kitchen remodel is oftentimes the single most important renovation project that you can do in a home. So what are some things that you should consider to really make your kitchen remodel stand out? We share some things to consider below.
Making a statement with a kitchen remodel
- Choose unique materials. When it comes to cabinets, countertops, and flooring, there are no rules. If you want to make a statement, choose materials that are one-of-a-kind. For example, you could use reclaimed wood for your cabinets, or marble for your countertops.
- Add pops of color. Color can be a great way to add personality to your kitchen. If you’re not sure where to start, try painting your cabinets a bold color, or adding accent walls.
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match styles. There’s no need to stick to one particular style when remodeling your kitchen. Mixing and matching different styles can create a unique and eclectic space.
- Pay attention to the details. The little things can make a big difference when it comes to creating a stylish kitchen. For example, consider adding custom hardware to your cabinets, or installing dimmer switches for your lights.
- Add an island. If space permits, adding a multi-use island to your kitchen can add a lot. This island can function as a kitchen workspace, a storage area, or even a dining table.
- Don’t forget the function. While it’s important to make your kitchen stylish, it’s also important to make sure it’s functional. Make sure you have enough counter space for food prep, and that your appliances are easy to use.
- Add some greenery. Adding greenery to your kitchen remodel can also add color, texture, and life to the space. This can be done by simply adding a potted plant or even an indoor herb garden.
Of course, a kitchen remodel is not all about your resell value. Much thought and consideration should be put into your family’s needs. With this said, it is critical to always consider the traffic flow of your kitchen. It is important to make sure there is enough space to move around comfortably, and that the appliances are in a logical location. As always, an interior design professional can be a great resource when embarking on a kitchen remodel.
Are you thinking about buying or selling a home in the South Florida area? We can help! Contact Natasha at Live South Florida Realty, Inc. today! Also, be sure to download our free Florida Home Search app!