At every turn, technological advances have changed how we live our lives each day. When it comes to real estate, this is certainly the case as well. For example, these days you can search for a property, tour a property, submit an offer, and execute a contract right from your smartphone. Of course, when it comes to increasing your property value, it is important to remember to implement various technologies in your home as well. What technological features can boost your property value the most? We discuss some recent findings below.
Top tech to boost property value
Forbes Global Properties has released its most recent Luxury Agent Poll. This study polled luxury real estate agents to find out which tech-enabled features garnered the biggest increases in property value. The top 3 tech features were as follows:
- Home automation (smart home networks): Home automation systems allow homeowners to control all of their smart home devices from a single app. This can make it easy to manage the home’s security, temperature, lighting, and appliances from anywhere in the world.
- Electric car charging stations: With more consumers looking for alternatives to gas-powered vehicles, electric cars are only becoming more popular.
- Smart security systems: Smart security systems allow homeowners to control their home’s security from anywhere in the world. They can arm and disarm the alarm, view live video from security cameras, and receive alerts if there is any activity at the home.
In addition to the features listed above, there are many other technologies that can tie into a home’s automation system. These include:
- Smart thermostats. Smart thermostats can automatically adjust the temperature of a home based on the homeowners’ schedule and preferences. This can save energy and money on heating and cooling costs.
- Smart lighting. Smart lighting can be turned on and off, dimmed, and even programmed to change colors with the touch of a button. This can create a more inviting and functional atmosphere in a home.
- Smart appliances. Smart appliances can be controlled with a smartphone or tablet. This allows homeowners to start a load of laundry, preheat the oven, or even check the status of a slow cooker while they’re away from home.
Of course, the amount of value that a technology feature adds to a home will vary depending on the specific feature, the overall condition of the home, and the local market. However, in general, homes with smart home features tend to sell for more money than homes without them. If you’re thinking about selling your home, consider adding some smart home features to boost its value. With the ever-increasing popularity of technology, these features are sure to be a hit with home buyers.
Are you thinking about buying or selling a home in the South Florida area? We can help! Contact Natasha at Live South Florida Realty, Inc. today! Also, be sure to download the free Florida Home Search app for your mobile device.