Staging a home for sale is the best way to highlight the home’s best features while casting it in the best possible light. Did you know? On average, sellers receive $2 in increased sale price for every $1 they put into staging a home. The good news is that staging a home does not need to be costly either. Simply implementing a few cost-effective strategies may lead to a quicker sale at a higher price!
Golden rules of home staging
- De-personalize: Often overlooked by sellers, de-personalizing the home can be an important step implemented by sellers. For example, you may love your wedding picture in the living room, however your prospective buyers may not. In fact, this may be seen as a distraction for prospective buyers. The goal here is to let them envision themselves in the home as their own.
- Maximize space: Perhaps the most sought after feature in the home buying market right now is space. Regardless of the size of your home, it is critical that you de-clutter all rooms in order to maximize space. For example, large and bulky furniture in the master bedroom may give the impression that it is small.
- Sanitize: The easiest and cheapest step in staging a home is to simply clean it. No buyer wants to step into a filthy home or see a kitchen sink full of dirty dishes. Maintaining a clean home is a non-negotiable step in the home staging process.
- Modernize: With interior trends constantly evolving from year to year, it is important to stay up to date. It is important to remember that if a buyer feels that a home is outdated, they will reflect this in the offer. Simple steps such as painting kitchen cabinets, replacing cabinetry hardware, or replacing sink fixtures can go a long ways.
- Neutralize: Painting is one of the most inexpensive ways to change the look of a home. A best practice here is to go for neutral tones throughout the interior of the home. Although you may love your bright red den, it is quite likely that your buyers may not. Not to mention, lighter neutral tones will make the rooms appear more spacious as well.
Oftentimes, seller think that staging a home requires a costly, specialized service that involves bringing in temporary furnishings and other items. However, this is not necessarily the case. As mentioned above, home staging can be done quite inexpensively and can have significant impact on the home selling process. It is important to remember that a clean home with neutral paint tones and plenty of natural light will always show better to a buyer. Are you thinking about selling your home in South Florida? We can help. Contact Live South Florida Realty, Inc. today for your free consultation.
At Live South Florida Realty, Inc. we have assisted many clients with their real estate needs. Are you looking to buy or sell a property in South Florida? Now more than ever, it is critical to have a qualified real estate team and the proper search tools behind you. Live South Florida Realty, Inc., has been a leader in the South Florida market for many years. Let our team of professionals assist you with buying or selling your piece of paradise today! In addition, our recently launched “Florida Home Search” app is now available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. With real-time MLS feeds, this app lets you set your own alerts to notify you as soon as a property meeting your needs hits the market. Furthermore, it will also let you know of recent closed sales in your area so that you may be even more educated on the market. Be sure to download this app for your smartphone or tablet today!