If you’re thinking about buying a home, you may be wondering whether to buy a new construction home or an existing home. Both options have their own advantages and disadvantages, but there are some clear benefits to buying a new construction home. In addition, there are some not-so-obvious benefits of buying a new home. Below we discuss some of the benefits of buying a new construction home.
Top benefits of buying a new construction home
1. Everything is brand new. This is one of the biggest benefits of buying a new construction home. You’ll be the first person to live in your home, and everything will be in perfect condition. This means you should not have to worry about making any repairs or updates right away.
2. Energy efficiency. New construction homes are built to the latest energy efficiency standards, which means you’ll save money on your energy bills over time. New homes are typically better insulated and have more energy-efficient appliances and HVAC systems than older homes.
3. Warranties and repairs. New construction homes come with a variety of warranties, which can give you peace of mind knowing that you’re covered in case something goes wrong. Warranties typically cover the structure of the home, as well as the appliances and HVAC system.
4. Fewer repairs. Because everything in a new construction home is brand new, you’re less likely to have to make any repairs right away. This can save you time and money.
5. Customization options. When you buy a new construction home, you often have the option to customize the home to your liking. This could include choosing the finishes, layout, and even the size of the home.
6. Amenities and community. New construction homes are often located in new developments that have a variety of amenities, such as swimming pools, playgrounds, and clubhouses. These amenities can add value to your home and make it a more enjoyable place to live.
7. Smart technology. Many new construction homes come with built-in smart technology, such as smart thermostats, smart locks, and smart doorbell systems. This technology can make your home more convenient and energy-efficient.
8. Higher resale value. New construction homes typically have a higher resale value than older homes. This is because new homes are in better condition and meet the latest building codes.
Although there can be some drawbacks such as higher prices and the potential for having to wait for your home, there are plenty of benefits to opt for new construction.
Tips for buying a new construction home
- Do your research. Before you start looking at new construction homes, it’s important to do your research on different builders and developments. Read reviews and compare prices.
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage. This will give you an idea of how much money you can borrow and make the buying process smoother.
- Work with a real estate agent. A real estate agent can help you find the right new construction home for your needs and budget. They can also help you negotiate the price of the home and represent you throughout the buying process. Lastly, many builders offer additional incentives to real estate agents and their clients in order to entice more potential future buyers to their communities. This could result in additional credits at closing for buyers.
- Be patient. It can take several months for a new home to be built. Be prepared to wait and be flexible with your move-in date.
Given the persistent inventory challenges, buying a new construction home can be a great option. To view a list of new construction homes in the Delray Beach, Boca Raton, and Highland Beach areas, click here.
In some areas that are already built up, this may even mean buying a “tear down” home and rebuilding it. After all, real estate is all about “location, location, location”. Although many buyers may be intimidated by the thought of demolishing a home and rebuilding, it is a lot more straightforward than you may think. Of course, you will need to budget for some additional costs and steps when doing this.
Are you thinking about buying a new construction home? Let our team leverage our builder relationships throughout the South Florida market for you. Contact Natasha at Live South Florida Realty, Inc. today! Also, don’t forget to download the free Florida Home Search app for your smartphone or tablet.