In addition to the year-round warm weather, South Florida also offers some of the best golf courses in the country. Needless to say, many golfers throughout the country look to Florida as their permanent residence for this reason in addition to many others. Of course, what would be better for an avid golfer than to live on a golf course? Even if you are not an avid golfer, there are still some benefits to living on a golf course. We discuss some of these benefits below.
Reasons to live on a golf course
- Convenience: If you’re a golfer, living on a golf course means you can wake up in the morning and be on the tee box within minutes. You can also play as often as you want, without having to worry about driving to and from the course.
- Stunning views: Golf courses are typically beautifully landscaped, with rolling greens, mature trees, and sparkling lakes. This can make for some breathtaking views from your home.
- Sense of community: Golf course communities are often very friendly and welcoming. Residents often have social events and activities together, and there’s a sense of camaraderie among golfers.
- Increased property value: Golf course homes tend to hold their value well, and tend to appreciate at a better rate over time. This is because they are in high demand and offer a number of unique benefits.
- Access to amenities: Many golf course communities have a variety of amenities, such as swimming pools, tennis courts, fitness centers, and clubhouses. This can be a great way to stay active and socialize with your neighbors.
- Peace and quiet: Golf courses are typically located in quiet areas, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. This can make for a more relaxing and peaceful lifestyle.
- Increased security: Golf course communities often have gated entrances and security patrols, which can make them safer places to live.
Overall, living on a golf course can offer a number of significant benefits. It’s a great option for people who love golf, appreciate beautiful scenery, and want to live in a friendly and welcoming community. Of course, golf course properties tend to hold their value better than most other properties. Lastly, there are many social benefits of living in one of these communities. In fact, some communities may even offer “social memberships” for the local club. This can be a great option for homeowners that don’t necessarily play golf but want to take advantage of the community’s lifestyle.
Are you thinking about buying or selling a home in the South Florida area? We can help! Contact Natasha at Live South Florida Realty, Inc. today! Also, don’t forget to download the free Florida Home Search app for your mobile device & take the power of the MLS with you.