The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show (FLIBS) is back and begins today, October 25th, 2023. The show will go from October 25 through October 29, 2023. If you are looking for a great way to enjoy the beautiful South Florida weather while also seeing some magnificent boats, you do not want to miss this event. According to the FLIBS website, this show is a significant economic event for the South Florida economy:
- Overall economic impact: $1.79B
- # of expected attendees: 100,000+
- Exhibiting brands: 1,000
- Boats on display: 1,300+
The FLIBS is the largest boat show in the world, and for good reason. It’s a must-see event for boat lovers of all kinds, from casual enthusiasts to serious buyers. With over 1,300 boats on display, from small fishing boats to super yachts, there’s something for everyone at FLIBS.
What to see and do at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show
In addition to the incredible selection of boats, FLIBS also features a wide variety of other exhibits and attractions, including:
- Electronics: See the latest and greatest in marine electronics, from GPS and navigation systems to fishfinders and entertainment systems.
- Accessories: Shop for everything you need to outfit your boat, from anchors and life jackets to fishing gear and watersports equipment.
- Lifestyle: Find everything you need to enjoy the boating lifestyle, from clothing and footwear to furniture and home decor.
- Food and drink: Enjoy a variety of food and drink options, from casual snacks to fine dining.
- Entertainment: Enjoy live music, entertainment, and demonstrations throughout the show.
Tips for attending the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show
- Plan ahead: Purchase your tickets in advance to avoid long lines at the entrance. Tickets may be purchased using this link.
- Wear comfortable shoes: You’ll be doing a lot of walking, so make sure to wear comfortable shoes.
- Bring sunscreen and a hat: Even in the fall, the South Florida sun can be strong, so be sure to protect yourself from the sun.
- Bring water: It’s important to stay hydrated, especially if you’re going to be doing a lot of walking.
- Take your time: Don’t try to see everything in one day. Take your time and enjoy all that FLIBS has to offer.
When and where is the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show?
FLIBS will be held from October 25-29, 2023 at the following seven locations across Fort Lauderdale:
- Bahia Mar Yachting Center
- The Las Olas Marina
- The Hall of Fame Marina
- The Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center
- 17th Street Yacht Basin (Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina)
- Super Yacht Village at Pier 66 South
- Pier 66 Marina
The FLIBS is a great event and an opportunity for many to visit South Florida. With this said, it is not uncommon for out-of-town show attendees to fall in love with all that South Florida has to offer. If you are one these attendees, we can help! Nobody else knows the South Florida real estate market better than our team at Live South Florida Realty, Inc.! Are you thinking about buying or selling a property in South Florida? Contact Natasha today! Also, be sure to download the free Florida Home Search app for your smartphone or tablet.