Given the persistent inventory challenges in the housing market, perhaps buyers have become less selective about needing a move-in ready home, right? Not so! The housing market is competitive, and even more buyers are looking for homes that are move-in ready. A move-in ready home is one that is in good condition and does not need any major repairs or renovations. In fact, according to a recent study by the National Association of Realtors®, 77% of home buyers prefer a move-in ready home.
Why a move-in ready home?
- Time savings. Buying a home in move-in condition saves buyers time and money. They don’t have to worry about finding contractors or scheduling repairs. They can simply move in and start enjoying their new home.
- Stress reduction. Buying a fixer-upper can be stressful. Buyers have to worry about the cost of repairs, the time it will take to complete the work, and the possibility of unforeseen problems. A home that is ready to be moved into eliminates all of this stress.
- Peace of mind. Buyers want to know that they are getting a good value for their money. A move-in ready home is less likely to have hidden defects or problems. This gives buyers peace of mind knowing that they are making a sound investment.
- Flexibility. Buyers who purchase a finished ready home have more flexibility. They can move in immediately and start their new life. They don’t have to worry about finding temporary housing or moving twice.
Tips for a move-in ready home
- Fix any repairs. This includes things like fixing leaky faucets, replacing broken tiles, and repairing cracks in the walls.
- Update the décor. This doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune. A fresh coat of paint, new light fixtures, and some new furniture can make a big difference.
- Declutter the space. This means getting rid of any unnecessary furniture, clutter, and personal belongings. Buyers should be able to imagine themselves living in your home, so make sure it is clean and uncluttered.
The average home buyer looks at eight homes while they’re house hunting. However, this number can vary depending on a number of factors, such as the buyer’s budget, their timeline, and the availability of homes in their desired location. As a seller, it is important that you do all that you can to improve your chances of selling your home quickly and for top dollar. Needless to say, by simply making a few repairs and/or improvements to make your property to move-in ready, you can greatly increase your chances of selling quickly and for top dollar.
Are you thinking about buying or selling in the South Florida market? We can help! Contact Natasha at Live South Florida Realty, Inc. today! Also, don’t forget to download our free Florida Home Search app for your mobile device.