Although kitchens tend to get the most attention when it comes to home renovations, bathroom renovations are not too far behind in popularity. With home prices soaring over the past few years, more homeowners have decided to stay put and renovate their current homes instead. With this said, bathroom renovations have become quite popular. In fact, a recent study found that homeowners are spending an average of $9,000 on bathroom renovations. This figure is actually 13% higher than just one year ago. So what are the most popular bathroom renovations?
Popular bathroom upgrades
Although the bathroom is typically not one of the larger rooms that are renovated in the home, the options seem endless on what can be done. Below are some of the most common current trends:
- The vanity is the focal point: 76% of homeowners upgrade their vanity during a bathroom renovation. 30% of homeowners opt for wood finish vanities followed by gray (14%), blue (7%), black (5%) and green (2%).
- Upgraded home systems: 62% of homeowners upgrade systems such as ventilation, heating systems, and tankless water heaters.
- Shower updates or conversion: Although popular for some time now, most homeowners are opting for larger showers. In many cases, this even involves removing a bathtub to convert to a more spacious shower.
- White continues to be the dominant color of choice: White is still the most popular color of choice for bathroom vanities, countertops, and walls. Gray and blue colors are also gaining some traction.
- High-tech commode: Almost 40% of homeowners are opting for high-tech toilets. This includes increases in bidets, self-cleaning elements, heated seats and built-in night lights.
When it comes to resale or even renting out an income-producing property, bathrooms are always cited as a reason why a buyer or renter are not interested in a property. Although the kitchen tends to get most of the attention and deservedly so, it is important for homeowners not to overlook the importance of a nicely renovated bathroom. Of course, certain style trends may vary based on the area that you are located. As always, it is important to have a local and knowledgeable real estate agent that is very familiar with your local market. Are you in the South Florida market? If so, contact Natasha Moore at Live South Florida Realty, Inc. today! You will also want to download the free Florida Home Search App as well.