Depending on what data you see, approximately 95% of all home searches begin online. Needless to say, the importance of your real estate photos can not be overstated. The manner in which your home is showcased online with photos can be the difference in a showing being scheduled with a subsequent offer made and a prospective buyer opting to see another property instead. Below we discuss a few photography tips to keep in mind when listing your home for sale.
- Hire a professional photographer with the appropriate equipment: Although cell phone cameras have come a long ways, you should never consider utilizing them for your listing photos. In fact, it is always best to hire a professional photographer that specializes in real estate photography. In addition, you will want to ensure that he/she has the appropriate equipment as well. Additionally, you should ensure that your photographer has a drone a well. Aerial photos to feature a property’s location and neighorhood have become a standard practice for listings these days. Keep in mind, if your home is located near an airport or in a “no fly zone” for drones, you might not be able to have aerial photos taken.
- Stage the home: When staging a home, most people think of hiring a professional company to come in and install temporary furnishings, etc. for showings. However, this can also simply involve de-cluttering the home. It is important to remember that it is the space of the home that is important, not the furniture or decorative items.
- The more natural light the better: Wherever possible, you should ensure that the maximum amount of natural light is being utilized for your photos. The use of a flash instead of natural light can sometimes produce unattractive glares or shadows.
- Choose the best angles for your photos: The angle of where the photos are taken can make all the difference. For example, the best way to showcase a room is to take the photos from the corner or even a doorway. A wide angle lens can also be a productive tool for these applications.
- Edit your photos appropriately: Whether it is a shadow, electrical wires, or something else, you may want to edit your photos to make them perfect. Of course, you will want to be sure to be tasteful in your editing so as to make sure that nothing is misleading.
Typically, real estate professionals recommend de-personalizing a home as much as possible prior to showings. The reason for this is to allow prospective buyers to envision the home as their own and not belonging to someone else. Of course, this may also go hand-in-hand with de-cluttering the home. There is nothing better than a clean, neat, and orderly home during showings. When it comes to photos, just think of your online listing and photos as the first showing for prospective home buyers. As we often write about, you don’t get a second chance to make a first impression.
Are you looking to buy or sell a property in South Florida? Now more than ever, it is critical to have a qualified real estate team and the proper search tools behind you. At Live South Florida Realty, Inc., we have been a leader in the South Florida market for many years. Let our team of professionals assist you with buying or selling your piece of paradise today! In addition, our recently launched “Florida Home Search” app is now available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. With real-time MLS feeds, this app lets you set your own alerts to notify you as soon as a property meeting your needs hits the market. Furthermore, it will also let you know of recent closed sales in your area so that you may be even more educated on the market. Be sure to download this app for your smartphone or tablet today!